Sensitive, reactive and fragile skin
Skin sensitivity affects approximately 60% of women
When the skin is light in color, translucent, prone to dryness and very reactive to the sun, there is a great chance that it is a sensitive skin. This is a delicate, fragile skin, very reactive and prone to redness, due to insufficient skin protection, allergic hyperactivity, inheritance or hypersensitivity to external factors.
This type of skin undergoes continuous changes due to age; Over the years, it manifests hypersensitivity problems. In addition, its skin barrier is weak and permeable, which allows external irritants to penetrate more easily and to produce a greater loss of water by evaporation. This leads to these skins being prone to dehydration and dryness.
Recommendations for sensitive skin
- Prepare to combat the elements of the environment: cold, heat, wind, pollution, sun, water; They are factors that aggravate the sensitivity of the skin.
- Strive to maintain a healthy diet rich in vitamin C, which is found considerably in citrus fruits and red fruits.
- Avoid alcohol, very seasoned or spicy foods.
- To clean the skin, use products that do not contain detergents.
- Avoid products that include substances with exfoliating effect because they tend to irritate the skin.
- Opt for products that contain very moisturizing, regenerating, decongestant or calming substances.
Mask for sensitive skin
- 3 carrots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cook the carrots, and when they are soft, cut them into slices.
- Place the carrots in a bowl and add the honey.
- Mix the ingredients until you get a paste.
- Let it stand until it cools.
- Apply the mixture on the face doing small massages.
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes.
- Remove with plenty of water.
- Dry gently with a facial towel.
I also recommend you read Healthy Skin: Hydration and Moisturization